(That's my cute son, Zack. Isn't he handsome?)
I'm getting ready to head out of town for my first ever CKC event in Portland. I'm super excited to meet lots of people who share the same passions I do (photography, scrapbooking, socializing)! Before I head out the door, I just wanted to share a super-quick photo editing trick I use to brighten up my photos in Photoshop or Photoshop Elements.
First, the before and after:
And now, the steps:
- Open your photo. Duplicate the photo layer two times.
- On the middle layer, change the blending mode to screen.
- On the top layer, change the blending mode to soft light.
- Move the top layer (soft light layer) opacity level down to 5%.
- Move the middle layer opacity (screen layer) level down to your liking.
- Move the top layer (soft light layer) opacity level up from 5% to your liking.
NO need to purchase fancy actions for this one.
If you aren't too familiar with Photoshop or Elements, and want more details, leave me a comment and I can give you more detailed instructions :)